The school will take place at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Barcelona, located at the Diagonal Campus in Barcelona, west of Downtown and close to the Spotify Camp Nou Stadium.
The campus is well connected to the city center and other areas by various modes of transportation, including:
- Metro: The closest metro station is Palau Reial, which is on line L3. From there, it's a 10-minute walk to the campus.
- Tram: The T1, T2, and T3 tram lines all have stops near the campus.
- Bus: Several bus lines (7, 33, H6, 67, 113, and 175) stop near the campus. Additionally, many south-bound regional bus lines stop nearby.
Barcelona is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, known for its art, architecture, food, and enjoyable weather conditions for outdoor activities. Visitors can explore the city's many museums and galleries, such as the Picasso Museum and the Joan Miró Foundation, or wander through the historic Gothic Quarter and discover the hidden historical treasures. The city is also famous for its modernist architecture, including the iconic buildings designed by Antoni Gaudí, such as the Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà and Park Güell.
Attendees can easily get around Barcelona using the city's public transportation system, which includes buses, trams, metro, and trains. The Barcelona-El Prat airport is located about 15 kilometers from the city center and is connected to the city by various modes of public transportation.
The weather in Barcelona during the second half of July is generally hot and sunny, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 30°C (77°F to 86°F) on average. It is also relatively dry during this time of the year, with low chances of rainfall. However, occasional thunderstorms or short-lived showers may occur due to the city's proximity to the Mediterranean Sea. Attendees are advised to bring lightweight, comfortable clothing and sunscreen to protect themselves from the intense heat and sun during potential outdoor activities.
The official time on Barcelona is CET: During autumn-winter, GMT/UTC+1; During the spring-summer, GMT/UTC+2, following the Daylight Saving Time convention of the European Union.
- Official Barcelona Tourism website: https://www.barcelona.cat/en/
- Barcelona Airport: https://www.aena.es/en/barcelona-airport/index.html
- Public transportation: https://www.tmb.cat/en/home
- Things to do and attractions: https://www.timeout.com/barcelona
- For any kind of emergency call 112